Your Shopping Bag is Empty
Perfect Pancakes For Pancake Tuesday
Discover our top tips for whipping up a batch of delicious pancakes.
Pancake Day is everyone's favourite Tuesday of the year, so we’ve rounded up some top tips for creating the most delish pancakes in the land.
Our Perfect Pancake Recipe
1 ½ cups flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ¼ cups milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg and melted butter. Mix with a whisk until smooth. Leave to rest for up to 30 minutes.
Lightly oil a griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop in ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.
Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice, and serve hot.
Top Tips for the Perfect Pancake
- Always use top-quality ingredients, to enure top-quality pancakes.
- For an extra delicious pancake, substitute the milk for buttermilk.
- Over-mixing the batter develops the gluten too much, and results in a tough,
chewy pancake. Instead, mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Remember to rest the batter for anything between 5 and 30 minutes, in order to allow time for the gluten to settle.
- Always give your pan enough time to heat up completely. Try making a test pancake if you're not sure.
- Always try to use a crepe pan, rather than a frying pan or a saute pan.
- You may love showing off your pancake-flipping skills, but a pancake should only be flipped once during cooking, and you should only do this once the bubbles on the surface pop and form holes.